We think that St Andrew's Church of England Primary School is a wonderful school and we know that you will want your child to join our school family! We have places in all classes at the moment so why don't you pop in and experience our fantastic school in person and make an appointment to see our Headteacher, Jane Prelogauskas. We are proud to continue Paul Miller's legacy.
Hearts and minds working as oneOur Mission Statement - Mutual trust and respect as we grow and learn brings confidence, contentment and friendship in our caring Christian school
Our school is a Rights' Respecting School. We work together to learn about and respect children's rights both locally and globally.
Our Mission Statement reflects the following article: Article 29: Your right to become the best that you can be.
**STAFF VACANCIES** New Job Vacancies
***Click here to read New Chair of Governors, Paul Sparks, Letter to Parents, July 2015 For more about the school's Governors have a look at these pages MEET OUR GOVERNORS & the full Governors' minutes***
St Andrew's Equality Information and current e-saftety newsletter.
School News in Brief
For our latest newsletter and events please check out our weekly NewStAnd newsletter and Calendar.
- Thanks to our Fab PTFA for funding projects within and without school: Folk Southwest workshops for each class, whole school MATHLETICS and KS1 trip to the Dinosaur exhibition at the Dorset Museum. You are stars and we wouldn't be able to do these exciting thing without your support.
- More PTA activities..
- PLEASE NOTE we have a new uniform supplier Schoolwear & More, 10 Wine Street, Yeovil, 01935 478178
What's New On Our Website
- We love our hoodies, good bye
- Letter from the Chair of Governors, Paul Sparks
- School In A Bag sponsored activity morning
- Fee, Fie, Fo, Fum, watch out everyone here I come!
- Our Wonderful Harvest Banner unveiled
- Our wonderful Harvest Banner
- Thank you to all our wonderful helpers
- NewSTAND Newsletter 13th July 2015
- More Year 6 Tempest photos
- The Temepest DVDs available
- Send a friend to school.
- Acorn explore the Sensory Bus.
- Pogle's Wood trip - Holly Class
- Mother Nature - Designer
- Sporting success this term!
- Tempest Dress Rehearsal went down a storm!
- Finally Year 6s Big Adventure Friday photos
- Year 6 Big Adventure photos Thursday
- THE TEMPEST, Year 6 Leavers' play
- Year 6 Big Adventure photos Wednesday
Our Values & Awards
"St Andrew's is a warm and calm school which is ideal for our child"
"Love the fact it feels like a big family. All the teachers seen to genuinely care about the children."
"Friendly welcoming nurturing to all children."
"We like the happy and friendly atmosphere at St Andrews."
"There is a real community and family ethos to the school with caring staff and happy children."
"This foundation of support enables healthy teaching and learning across the school."
"Very friendly, our children love it"
"We love the atmosphere throughout the school and the outside playing areas for the children."
"The caring and wholesome school community."
"I like the welcoming community feel of the school, that it has small classes, and an involved head teacher."
"I feel the school is run superbly and my child is very happy here."
"Teachers and staff are all caring and are happy to help if we have any concerns."
"I love the class showing assemblies and being involved as much as possible"
"Friendly atmosphere and the interaction between children of different years"
"The older children seem happy to mix and play with the younger ones."
"There is always a very friendly welcome in the mornings when I drop my daughter off."
"I enjoy looking at the pictures on the Acorn class blog to see what our child is up to."
"I love the fact that Lucy comes home with a new library book and reading book nearly every day!"
"Friendliness and the fact that the children seem enthusiastic and happy"
"I like the friendly staff, my child is happy and receiving all the support she needs, happy to come to school."
"I feel st Andrew's is a caring community which nurtures our children."
"If I have a problem I am happy discussing it with teachers and they always seem happy to listen!"
"The school has a very friendly feel to it and my children are always happy upon coming to school and when they come home."
"The best thing about St Andrews is that my child loves it and is very happy and making (what we think is) fantastic progress."
"We are very happy with the school and want to thank everyone for their hard work."
"I like the size of classes. The teachers are well liked by my two children and I believe they are being taught superbly."
"We love the St. Andrews 'family'."
"All involved in the school have continued to provide a good learning experience for our child during a very difficult term."
"The school is a family and it shows. The ethos of the school shines through in all it does."
Take a look at some of our latest activities
School In A Bag sponsored activity morning
Fee, Fie, Fo, Fum, watch out everyone here I come!
Our Wonderful Harvest Banner unveiled
Thank you to all our wonderful helpers
More Year 6 Tempest photos
The Temepest DVDs available
Send a friend to school.
Acorn explore the Sensory Bus.
Mother Nature - Designer